Monday 17 September 2012

For Teej- bindi nail art

Happy Teej to all the ladies.
Teej is a Nepalese festival- The first day of Teej is called Dar Khane Din. On this day the women, both married and unmarried, assemble at one place, in their finest attire and start dancing and singing devotional songs. Amidst all this, the grand feast takes place. The jollity often goes on till midnight, after which the 24-hour fast starts.

We had a Teej-cultural program in Adelaide on staruday and I wore a pink saree I had bought for my brother's wedding. It has shades of orange and pink and heavy embroidery.


So I decided to do something traditional and simple for my nails. It is very easy and finally my own creation. I had some gold bindi (is a forehead decoration worn in India and Nepal) lying in a box. All I did was paint all my nails with a pink nailpolish, then immediately stuck the bindis onto my nails. Let it dry completely and then apply a top coat nail polish. Give a good coat around the bindis. Here is a picture of my nailart for you.


I had to wear saree and rush and I lost dimond stud attatched to the bindi and did not had time to clean around my nails but hey.. it looks pretty good. I think golden nail polish on the edge of the nails would look good too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment