Friday 30 November 2012

Grug

Grug is an Aussie frictional character and I love it. The existence of this creature was unknown to me until last week when one of our colleague mentioned it.  I googled it yesterday eating my rice and curry lunch druing lunch break and now it is on my favourite cartoon list.


I have been living here for over 10 years and I get little excited when I see a 100% Aussie stuff. With the markets overflowing with Chinese products and television full of American production Grug is such a releif as it was created in our own backyard. Created by Ted Prior in 1979 Grug is a little funny guy and looks like a haystack with a face. Ted lived with  his two young children in a small farm in New South Wales and while reading them stories he came up with an imgainary bush animal and that is how Grug was created. There are series of books you can buy and here is the link to the website  http://www.mygrug.com/ if you want to find out more about Grug. While I go and look for a book to buy enjoy this grug cartoon

No comments:

Post a Comment