Friday 30 November 2012

I Want to be a Child Again!


I want to be a little child again! I want to feel the same excitement as walking to the school for the first time. The love for my school uniform- green blazer which had my name ' Seema' inscribed in the inside pocket and I used to show it to everyone "Look! It has my name". When mum used to ask me to sing nursery rhyme "I’m a little teapot" for the millionth time, I had the same energy like it was the very first time. My first pet were little tadpoles swimming in a Horlicks bottle and was little sad when they hopped away but I understood they had to get back to their mummy. My brother was my best friend and we hung out together all the time. The best memory of our friendship is sitting quietly on the porch at Grandpa’s house in the evenings waiting for the wild rabbits to appear. Every time the steam engine passed by our house we used to run to the veranda and wave at the travellers without expecting them to return our favour. It was a carefree life where happiness was found in simple things- anger was lost after one cry and forgiveness was easy because I was a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment