Saturday 22 September 2012

Dikyi Ukyab has my vote!

Dikyi Ukyab is my favourite artiste at the moment. My aunt posted her video on my facebook page and since then I have been listening to her everyday. She has a lovely voice and I even requested Awaaz SA fm (Adelaide)to play her song.

Diki was born on 1 March 1991 in New York. She has been constantly travelling back and forth to Nepal and I'd say has perfect Nepali accent without any 'gora' twang. Currently she is pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Political Science and Anthropology at State University of New York (SUNY). 

Dikyi's debut album, 'Silver Lining' was released on August 7th, 2011, in Nepal and has created sensation.  Her first single 'Jaun' topped the charts at #1 on Kantipur FM and Image FM. Her second music video performing 'Ke Bhaye Ko' (directed by Araaj Keshav) recently topped at #1 on Top of the Pops (Image Channel).

I liked her FB page just now :-)  and so excited for her, she has already been nominated for so many music awards. Go Dikyi!
Here is Dikyi' song. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment