Saturday 1 September 2012

Denim Nail Art



Mila Kunis wore this nair-art for her photoshoot. Saw the instructions on how to create this look and here this week's nail art. For this I used  
  1. Base coat (I purchased on Friday. Looks pink but it is colourless)
  2. Blue nail polish for base colour
  3. White nail polish
  4. Top coat nail polish.
  5. Old tooth brush to apply the white paint
  6. Sponge to give a blue dabbed denim look
  7. Bindi (I bought a long time ago in India- to give a button look for my denim pokets)
  8. White nail art pen (I used to draw stitch line)
  9. Black nail art pen (for nail art on the middle finger)
  10. Red nail art pen (")
  11. Nail polish remover and 12) ear buds to clean up the mess.


I am copy- pasting what I found on the net- very easy step-to-step instructions. Sorry, forgot to save the link to it.

To create a denim look, I started with a dark blue base.
Then I used a small, coarse paintbrush to paint vertical and horizontal lines with white acrylic paint.
And then, to make it slightly faded, I added another layer of the blue nail polish with a sponge.
Once dry, I finished with matte top coat and added stitching details and a few studs to look like buttons.

Here is my nail art. I am pretty happy with it. Took a long time as there are so many layers to it.
Tip- be gentle when dabbing blue nail pollish with a sponge and apply less to give a white washed look. Apply nail polish to the bottom of glitter before you paste them on your nails and give a thick coat of top coat on it.



Here is a link to youtube tutorial to give you better idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment